TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MIND&SPORT, LLC
TERMS OF SERVICE
last updated May 21, 2018
Mind&Sport, LLC (“Mind and Sport”) provides our self-improvement services via our mobile device application (“App”). To make these Terms easier to read, our services and App are collectively called the “Services.” Please read these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) carefully because they govern your use of our Services.
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Services.
CHANGES TO TERMS OR SERVICES
We may modify the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know through the App. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them because if you continue to use the Services after we have posted modified Terms, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
WHO MAY USE THE SERVICES
You may use the Services only if you are 13 years or older and are not barred from using the Services under applicable law. To make a purchase via the Services (described in the Section titled “Purchases” below), you must be 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding contract.
REGISTRATION AND YOUR INFORMATION
If you want to use certain features of the Services you’ll have to create an account (“Account”). You can do this via the App or through your account with certain third-party social networking services such as Facebook (each, an “SNS Account”)]. If you choose the SNS Account option we’ll create your Account by extracting from your SNS Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the SNS Account permit us to access.
It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information, as needed, to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
USING THE SERVICES
Via the Services, users can select from a variety of mindfulness sessions. You can also use the paid functionality of the Services to utilize the enhanced functionality of the Services or purchase items that are offered for sale through the Services (the “Products”), as described in further detail under the Section titled “Purchases” below.
You understand and agree that the Services, Products and any other information you learn from Mind and Sport are not intended, designed, or implied to diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease, to ascertain the state of your health, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Not all activities described
Mind and Sport
When you purchase a Subscription or a Product (each, a “Transaction”), we may ask you to supply additional information relevant to your Transaction, such as your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card and your address for billing and delivery (such information, “Payment Information”). You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. The amounts due and payable by you for a Transaction through the Services will be presented to you before you place your order. If you choose to initiate a Transaction via the Services, you authorize us to provide your Payment Information to third party service providers so we can complete your Transaction and agree (a) to pay the applicable fees and any taxes; (b) that Mind and Sport may charge your credit card or third party payment processing account, including, but not limited to, your account with the app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store, Google Play or the Amazon Appstore) where the App is made available (each, an “App Provider”), for verification, pre-authorization and payment purposes; and (c) to bear any additional charges that your App Provider, bank or
If you have any concerns or objections regarding charges, you agree to raise them with us first and you agree not to cancel or reject any credit card or third-party payment processing charges unless you have made a reasonable attempt at resolving the matter directly with Mind and Sport.
Mind and Sport
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with the Product you have purchased and you want to return the Product, please refer to our Return Policy for information on how you may return eligible Products.
SUBSCRIPTIONS AUTOMATICALLY RENEW UNTIL YOU CANCEL & HOW TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
All amounts are payable and charged: (i) for one-off purchase (e.g. lifetime Subscription), at the time you place your order; and (ii) For monthly or yearly subscriptions, at the beginning of the subscription and, because each such subscription renews automatically for an additional period equal in length to the expiring subscription term until you cancel it, at the time of each renewal until you cancel, using the Payment Information you have provided. You must cancel your monthly or yearly Subscription before it renews to avoid the billing of the fees for the next Subscription period. If you purchase your Subscription via an App Provider, you can cancel the renewal of your subscription with the App Provider. You will not receive a refund for the fees you already paid for your current subscription period and you will continue to receive the Services ordered until the end of your current Subscription period.
CHANGES TO PRICE TERMS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS
Mind and Sport
You agree that your purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by Mind and Sport regarding future functionality or features.
We welcome feedback, comments
CONTENT AND CONTENT RIGHTS
For purposes of these Terms, (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that users (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
Mind and Sport
RIGHTS IN USER CONTENT GRANTED BY YOU
By making any User Content available through Services you hereby grant to Mind and Sport a non-exclusive, transferable,
RIGHTS IN CONTENT GRANTED BY MIND AND SPORT
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Mind
IN APP GRANTED BY MIND AND SPORT
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Mind
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR APP STORE APPS
If you accessed or downloaded the App from the Apple Store, then you agree to use the App only: (i) on an Apple-branded product or device that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software); and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple Store Terms of Service.
If you accessed or downloaded the App from an App Provider, then you acknowledge and agree that:
• These Terms are concluded between you and Mind and Sport, and not with App Provider, and that, as between Mind and Sport and the App Provider, Mind
• App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
• In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify App Provider and App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of an App to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Mind and Sport.
• App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
• In the event of any third-party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App
• App Provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
• You must also comply with all applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
• You agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation
You agree not to do any of the following:
• Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
• Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, Mind and Sport’s name, any Mind and
• Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Mind and Sport’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Mind and Sport’s providers;
• Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Mind and
• Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Mind and Sport or any of Mind and Sport’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
• Attempt to access or search the Services or download content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Mind and Sport or other generally available third-party web browsers;
• Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or
• Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Mind and
• Use the Services for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
• Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
• Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
• Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
• Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
• Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
• Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
• Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR RESOURCES
The Services and App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com. If you purchased a Subscription via an App Provider, you should also cancel your Subscription with the App Provider directly. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services or your Account, all provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions.
The Services, Products
We make no warranty that the Services or Products will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Mind and Sport and its officers, directors, employee and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content or (ii) your violation of these Terms.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Neither Mind and Sport nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Services, Products or Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits, loss of data or goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute Services or Products arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use of or inability to use the Services, Products or Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not Mind and Sport has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
In no event will Mind and Sport’s total liability arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use of or inability to use the Services, Products or Content exceed the amounts you have paid to Mind and Sport for use of the Services, Products or Content or fifty dollars ($50), if you have not had any payment obligations to Mind and Sport, as applicable. The exclusion and limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Mind and Sport and you.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Kansas without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Mind and Sport and you regarding the Services, Products
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Mind and Sport’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. Mind and Sport may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by Mind and Sport under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) by Mind and Sport via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Mind and Sport’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Mind and Sport. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services or Products, please contact Mind and Sport at firstname.lastname@example.org.